Monday, November 26, 2012

For Guitar Rockers Only Mix - The Devils Music Blog Devil Dick Mix Vol. 24

I make no bones about it, as much as i dig most types of music i am a rocker at heart. Time has been an enemy of late, but over the Thanksgiving weekend i managed to pull out some records and put together a little rocker mix. This is for guitar rockers only! As always please take a listen and take a guess. As tracks are guessed i'll put post them up.

'Till the next time, rock on!

Track 1 - Marcus - Black Magic

Track 2 - Earl Slick Band - Star Of The Street

Track 3 - Angel - Broken Dreams

Track 4 - Babe Ruth - Joker

Track 5 - Freeway Flyer - QMS (Quicksilver Messanger Service)

Track 7 - Stray Dog - Crazy

Track 11 - Amboy Dukes - Surrender To Your Kings

Track 14 - Stoneground - Looking For You


For Guitar Rockers Only Mix - The Devils Music Blog Devil Dick Mix Vol. 24

12 comments:

prunalogsusan said...

wowzers! super great playlist here where i actually had time enough to listen to the whole thing in one sitting while drinkin a few refreshments. although most of the tunes stumped me of course i managed to note that track 4 was baberuth 'joker'. a couple others seem sorta recognizable as something i prolly have in my record collection but just couldn't pinpoint and will continue taunt me as i rack my brain with the 'man..i know this one..ughh..' thing, but the babe ruth track i'm positive on so i thought i'd weight in with that one. chances are if I'M guesiing that one than everyone else prolly already knew it as well. at any rate, this was very enjoyable as with most times i check out yer posts when i have the time. you rule my friend! fricken LOVE IT!

Devil Dick said...

awesome man! thanks again for your continued support!!! and yes track 4 is babe ruth - joker! keep at it!
cheers!
dd

sfstoogeling said...

1 is Marcus-Black Magic
3 is Angel (can't remember title)
Towards the end I noticed
Stray Dog-Crazy
Amboy Dukes-Surrender To Your Kings

Like the other commenter I recognize a few of these but can't place them ...

Thought this mix would be hard rock/metal but the majority is just rock or prog, all good stuff I enjoyed listening to.

Devil Dick said...

Thanks sfstoogeling! you got a few correct! Broken Dreams is the Angel track and a good un if i say so myself!?!? Glad you enjoyed!
Cheers!
dd

Unknown said...

rOCKING AgAIn.. Thumbs UP...!!!
Music News

Anonymous said...

Sal Valentino ... one of my favourites! I really love the Beau Brummels.

I knew he was in Stoneground afterwards, but I'm not really familiar with that band. So, I looked up if there was a Stoneground song on Youtube with a title like Looking for You. And guess what ...

JiM (Belgium)

Devil Dick said...

Awesome JiM! i liked that song so much i put on 2 different mixes!!!

Cheers!
dd

Anonymous said...

The Anonymous Assemblage approves of this mix. Reminds me of when I had hair. Thank yo!

Devil Dick said...

I'm losing what little i have left too.... Thank Yo 2!

Mighty 1 said...

Track 2 - Earl Slick Band - Star Of The Street

Mighty 1 said...

Track 5 - Freeway Flyer - QMS

Devil Dick said...

you cheated mighty 1 i know it!!!!!!?