Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Pinch - Look Again - Fun City - Meeting You - Up In Stitches -






New wave from the Toms River NJ area. When i was a young rocker and this record came out is was not my thing at all. But the bass player for the Pinch Gary Shaffer owned a records store not far from my house on Rt. 37 in Toms River and i would go there and scour his used record bins for any rock records i could get my hands on. I remember buying the first 4 or 5 Think Lizzy records and the first 2 Alice Cooper records on Straight there. The shop was more of a punk & new wave place but Gary was always cool with me and in a time before the internet, would look up import records out of a book and order them for me. Took ages, but i got them. I think maybe Tigers of Pan Tang & Holocaust Night Comers were ordered there. So this one goes out to Gary Shaffer wherever you may be. Who unknowingly helped shape my teenage mind with Rock music! The Pinch - Meeting You (Full EP)

6 comments:

dk said...

Another cool album cover...

Jersey Girl 62 said...

It's Toms River. No apostrophe. ��

Unknown said...

I just found this because for some strange reason, "Meeting You" popped into my head today. Unfortunately DivShare is down. Do you have the songs anywhere else? Thanks.

Devil Dick said...

i will see if i can find the files and put them back up....

SKAVILLE CITY said...

Hi, I've been looking for this E.P. , Could you upload this again? or you can visit Skaville City Community on Discord where you can share it there. I would gladly appreciate if you can share this E.P. so I can hear it.

Devil Dick said...

Skaville i re-upped the file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vnjef0p1d7edpk6/The+Pinch+Meeting+You+Full+EP.mp3/file