Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Wild Ones - Come On Back






NY Garage Rock from 1966 w/ The Wild Ones. They are arguably most well known for being the first to record the famous Chip Taylor song "Wild Thing"

I found a really great web site HERE: that gives all the bands details.

If you fish around there are plenty of cool pieces of Wild Ones history with pics, press releases, clippings and other cool stuff. If you have any interest in the group go check it out. Its much better than having me paraphrase the same crap...

I had already had this 45 but not w/ the picture sleeve. I just picked it up w/ sleeve a few dollars. Pretty cool stuff and on the Sears record label makes it even that much weirder. Personally i like the instrumental version better than the vocal version.

The Wild Ones - Come On Back

The Wild Ones - Come On Back - Instrumental

3 comments:

Funky16Corners said...

I have a whole album by these guys (on UA, I Think). I don't think this is on it.

prunalogsusan said...

pretty wild. i dig it!

Anonymous said...

I have a near mint copy if this record w/sleeve that I am going to post on EBay soon. My email is:
txbigfoot09@comcast.net
Bill Kilgore