Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Planets - Hold On - Deep Inside




Ok, here is some unknown "CITY ROCK".... C'mon Termbo peeps. Does this make the grade?

Up until recently i had no idea WTF city rock was or is. I'm still sorta confused. I'd like ya'll to help me out here!?!?

If this aint city rock i don't know what is....??? Just look at these guys with their fur lined denim & leather jackets, mutsaches, shaggy beards, glasses, flip flops & hush puppies.... they look like they just got off work down at the local factory and are headed to the local bar for some cocaine and michelob. Gonna get laid for sure tonight too. They got some fat momma's waiting on the bar stool. Later on they are gonna bust out their axes and jam the night away! And you gotta have some balls to name your band "The Planets"... I mean why not just call yourselves "The Universe" or GOD...
Planets are pretty big...

There is no information on the back of this 45, its just blank so i don't even have knows for these shaggy pups. But I'm sure its like Bill, Joe, Mike & Bob.... I've been tempted to write the adress of the front and see if i get a response...

Anyway, these 2 rockers are pretty decent with some nice guitar work. Check them out and leave me a comment damn it!


The Planets - Hold On

The Planets - Deep Inside

7 comments:

Rockin' Jeff said...

Holy shit- I love the term City Rock. Never heard it before, but that thread (the link) is hilarious. It makes perfect sense.

ib said...

I don't know. Sounds like the Ramones, without no brains...

Had they been Sired in Minnesota, with no design except to listen to Rush floating in over the lake. And to eventually excel in law enforcement.

Admittedly, I am listening to 'Hold On' way down low - way below the memory of Herman's Hermits - while cooking up Jim's aged pants.

frobbert said...

This blog is sure taking me to some strange places. I mean City Rock? Really?

Sounds like flabby cock rock to me:p

Anonymous said...

Cool, I used to live in Upper Darby, not too far from Flintlock Road. I wonder if any of these douchebags still lives there? Sorry Dick, these guys ain't much. Damn straight I'm anonymous!

ib said...

Strike that last comment, Devil Dick. I was part inebriated; blowin' out my ass.

Devil Dick said...

hey anonymous, i actually am living right in upper darby right now... so that is where i unearthed this little 45.... and i never really claimed they were the HOT shit but its not something you see everyday and thought they fit the "city" mold.... and no worries ib! i've been there... haha @ frobbert!
cheers all!
dd

AromiErotici said...

Keyboards Frank Jaffola, Drums Donny Jaffola ( who lived in Dexel Hill on Flintlock where they rehearsed ), Larry Carson on guitar and I cannot recall the bass player.