Sunday, November 7, 2010

Shank And Maydiea - Bye Bye Baby (My Pride) - Why Don't You Tell Me



Shank & Maydiea; Ed Wells previously of The Six Teens and his sister Maydiea Wells Cole

After The Six Teens ran their course and then faded away. Ed Wells made one more Flip recording, with his sister Maydiea Cole: "Bye Bye Baby (My Pride)"/"Why Don't You Tell Me" was released on Flip in July 1962, as Shank and Maydiea.

Weird and great all at once and at the same time too...

Shank And Maydiea - Bye Bye Baby (My Pride)

Shank And Maydiea - Why Don't You Tell Me

13 comments:

fred davis said...

Great!

Holly said...

Yes, totally awesome! I can't believe David Lynch hasn't used either/both of these yet....

Did Shank & Maydiea record anything else for any other label?

risser said...

Wow, very nice. Amazing.

Derik said...

Is this considered Rnb? Or soul?

Devil Dick said...

not "normal" soul that is for sure...

weird R&B...?

Snofsan said...

How wonderful,never heard something like this,so smooth and netural
Love at the first note ;-)

iketernr said...

The clicks from the organ keys are part of the rhythm section. My mom played this song so much. I finally found a copy on eBay in mint condition ten years ago. Love it!

iketernr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devil Dick said...

i love it too. one of my faves. even my young kids love it and ask me to play it over and over again in teh car when it comes up on mixes.
cheers!
dd

iketernr said...

Your kids have good tastes in music DD. it must've rubbed off from you.
Peace!

Devil Dick said...

Thanks Ike!
dd

ladylivewire said...

I know it's been a while, but would you be able to reupload the B side? I can't find it anywhere else online and I'd really love to hear it!

Devil Dick said...

B side is back up lady live wire! Enjoy!!!
DD