Friday, December 19, 2008

Little Archie - I Am A Carpet



a few years ago i was selling 45's for "the old man" on ebay and this was one on the better ones i sold for him. I personally don't sell anything. I am a troo))) collector so when i sold this great 45 i knew someday i had to find my own copy. It took me a while but i tracked one down not too long ago and here it is for anyones cares that wants to hear a really nice and tight and funky soul 45 of the highest caliber. I certainly don't claim to be a soul expert but i know what i like and i like this!

i did a search on the interwebs for little archie but mostly came up with this; so i can't paint an accurate description of mr. little (not that anyone cares) but i have a feeling that despite being "little" and a carpet, he probably got laid a lot more than any of us...

Little Archie - I Am A Carpet

5 comments:

Donna Lethal said...

I'm waiting for someone to make the inevitable joke. Great record, btw!

Anonymous said...

Yeah nice record- This is on a Dial comp that Sundazed worked their remastering magic on a couple years back- I remember in Nashville, there was a man named Aashid Himons who was a part of Afrikan Dreamland- He is Little Archie, he mentioned it in interviews when I lived there in the 80s

VIncent The Soul Chef said...

Thank you again and again...

I'll be drinking that 2006 Anchor Steam when KT comes in from San Francisco, along with a 2007. I'll definitely let you know how they were showing. For now though, I must have a Duvel for I haven't had one in a very long time. I can only get them when I go up to see the College Square team, and that's a 30 mile hike up the beltway.

Have a good one :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great tune. I know it from the Dial records comp as well. W.

The Sweetest Psychopath said...

I dig this tune...
it could be my theme song...haha
I dug up this info on Archie Himons
http://www.mp3.com/artist/aashid-himons/summary/