Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Lush - My Lord

OK Anons, here it is.... Track 3 to the summer 2012 100 degree heat mix.

I picked this 45 up a while back having known nothing about it, but the shirtless goofy ass grins on these dudes (and one dude wearing camo) & the fact that it was cheap, made me pick it up. The interwebs say its from 1983 but it sounds much earlier than that to my ears. Vogue records was a Belgian branche of French label and distributor Disques Vogue, established in 1958 by taking over Belgian distributor Discovogue. After the bankruptcy in 1986, VB was bought by rackjobber Sonica and renamed into distribution firm Distrisound. As for the band itself, the limited stuff i can find is all written in Belgian/Dutch/French or whatever so I don't know what any of it means. And being the lazy dumb ignorant American i am, i do not have the moxy to put forth the effort to find out.

Enjoy!

Lush - My Lord

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! It's everything I ever wanted and MORE! Just look at that cover!

The Anon Assemblage thank you!

Anonymous said...

Ah at last! Thank You.Oh the relief!

I'd got as far as suspecting 'Dutch' on my searches so you could say I was getting warm but in reality I had as much chance of finding this as I do of winning the lottery - as you say there's precious little information available beyond what you have.

I'm currently struggling through your earlier compilation without much success or hope - instrumentals arrgh! I'll persevere however and will comment again when I have enough to say.
I could be gone for some time......

Devil Dick said...

LOL is correct!!! i HAD to have this when i saw it. The record guy i even buy stuff from said something along the lines of "YOU WANT THIS!?"

well i hope you anons had fun and PLEASE do check back on that other mix.....

i'm currently pulling out some other 45's and Lp's for another mix.....

Cheers!

dd

Anonymous said...

One of my new favorites.

Thanks, Frank

Anonymous said...

Hey DevilD,
Raymond Pettibon did cover art for OFF of a power trio and I swear the dude on the far right is the same guy. Looking forward to hearing this as the cover is awesome just by itself. Take care brother!

Devil Dick said...

oh yeah i know pettibon from my black flag daze..... is that what he looks like?!?!?

cheers
dd

Holly said...

Love this. :-)