Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Sensational Guitars Of Dan & Dale - Batman - Robin's Theme



First off let me say that I've been a Batman fan since birth.... (See picture below: 1966)


My dad liked the TV so growing up so i would watch it with him and then later on my geekdom continued as i bought and read many a Batman comic book. (See the other pic below of my 80's Frank Miller T-shirt which i still have in a tattered state) Sadly most of all the 80's and 90's movies sucked big wang... But i hung in there for a while w/ the comics. But that pretty much ended when i had my own kids. But they now dig reading my old comics. The geek chain continues....


So yeah, i have a few Batman related things and a few Batman records... This one is pretty cool. A ROCKIN' version of the Batman theme on the A side, but man the B side rules! Its a really swinging and funky tune called Robin's Theme with some strong and powerful soul vocals and some ripping guitar leads. Both of these tunes are on the full length album "Batman and Robin - The Sensational Guitars of Dan & Dale" which has gained some notoriety by the fact that Sun Ra and some of his Arkestra members played on it, as well as rock band "The Blues Project". Seems that someone along the way talked these players into performing on this album in hopes of cashing in on the big Batman craze going on back in 1966. I doubt it worked very well but we have a pretty cool little novelty piece of musical history because of it. I think I'll post a few more Batam related things over the next few posts....

The Sensational Guitars Of Dan & Dale - Batman Theme

The Sensational Guitars Of Dan & Dale - Robin's Theme

4 comments:

Exeter said...

WoW!
That's a rare one!
Thanks!

Devil Dick said...

is it??? i had no idea. i know the lp goes for about 20 bucks or more....

Jerry Lee said...

Nice baby pic, is that Pooky the lion?

Devil Dick said...

probably is JL but i can't remember! it was a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago!