Saturday, January 19, 2008

Feast or Famine: Today's Record Scores


After last weekends miserable record hunting scores (i only scored one 45 last weekend) i got up at the ass crack of dawn today after a night full of funk & soul at the Asbury lanes for the latest installment of the 45 sessions. I didn't get home until after 2 last night and was up a few hours later to dig. And it paid off... Even though i was dead ass tired. Another great time was had at the lanes last night. DJ pres puts together a good time and it was cool seeing all the folks and hearing some new tunes. Anyhoo, here is what i dug up today!

45's
Bell, Freddy and the Bell Boys - Hound Dog - Move Me Baby - Teen 101
Britt, Tina - The Real Thing - Teardrops Fell (Every Step Of The Way) - Eastern 604
Brown, Maxine - Oh No Not My Baby - You Upset My Soul - Wand 162
Byrd, Bobby - Keep On Doing What You Do - Let Me Know - BrownStone 4205
Chakachas, The - Jungle Fever - Cha Ka Cha - Polydor 15030
Charles, Sonny, and the Checkmates - Black Pearl - Lazy Susan - A&M 1053
Disco Tex and the Sex-O-Lettes - Get Dancin - Part II - Chelsea 3004
Duke, Doris - To The Other Woman - I don't Care Anymore - Canyon 28
Dutones, The - It Just Aint Right - Uh Ooo Ooo Wee - Columbia 4-42789
Ethics - Sad Sad Story - Searching - Vent 1004
Everett, Betty - Take Me - There'll Come A Time - Uni 55100
Futures, The - Love Is Here - Stay With Me - Gamble 2502
George, Barbara - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More) - Love (Is Justs The Chance You Take) - A.F.O. 302
Harner, Billy - Homicide Dresser - Lavender Room - Karma Sutra 238
Holland, Eddie - Brenda - Leaving Here - Motown 1052
Johnson, Syl - Is It Because I'm Black - Let Hang High - Twinight 125
Junior Waters - My Life Is A Seven - I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder - Bernlo 1001
King Curtis - Mess Around - Strollin' Home - Capitol 4891
Laird, Jeri - Get It If It's Good - Get It If It's Good - Bell 45, 191
Lewis, J. G. - Let The Music Play - Let The Music Play - IX Chains 7014
Little Sister - You're The One Part 1 You're The One Part II Stone Flower 9000
Mar-Keys, The - Pop-Eye Stroll - Po-Dunk - Stax 121
Marvellows, The - I Do - My Heart - ABC Paramount 10629
Masqueraders, The - I Aint Gonna Stop - I'm Just An Average Guy - AGP 108
McLain, Tommy - I Need You So - Sweet Dreams - MSL 197
Mellow Moods, The - Tell Love Hello - If You See Him - North Bay 300
Midnighters, The - She's The One - Annie Had A Baby - Federal 12195
Mimms, Garnett - Get It While You Can Sad Song - Verve 10650
Otis & Carla - Tramp - Tell It Like It Is - Stax 216
Royalettes, The - It's Gonna Take A Miracle - Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind - MGM 13366
Sam & Bill - Beautiful Baby - For Your Love - Joda 100
Simon, Joe - Come And Get It - The Chockin' Kind - Sound Stage 7 2628
Tex, Joe - That's the Way - Anything You Wanna Know - Dial 4093
Tex, Joe - You Got What It Takes - You Better Get It - Atlantic 70.133
Turner, Ike & Tina - The Argument - Mind In A Whirl - Sue 772
Turner, Ike & Tina - I Idolize You - Letter From Tina - Sue 735
Velvelettes, The - Needle In A Haystack - Should I Tell Him - V.I.P. 25007
Vibrations, The - Daddy Woo-Woo - My Girl Sloopy - Atlantic 2221
Wingfield, Pete - Eighteen With A Bullet - Shadow Of A Doubt - Island ISO26
Z. Z. Hill - Second Chance - I Think I'd Do It - Mankind 12012

Lp's
Cocomotion El Coco - AVI 6012
Coltrane, John, Featuring Pharoah Sanders - Live In Seattle - Impulse AS-9202-2
Dovells, The - Discotheque - Wyncote 9052
Energetics - Come Down To Earth - Atlantic 19224
G.B.H. - No Need To Panic - Combat 8184-1
Hayes, Issac- Joy - Stax 5007
Honey Cone - Sweet Replies - Hot Wax 706
Junior Wells Chicago Blues Band - Hoodoo Man Blues - Delmark 612
King Curtis - Live at the Fillmore West Atco 33-359
Negro Prison Songs - Mississippi State Pen - Tradition 1020
Ponder, Jimmy - While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Cadet 50048
Pop, Iggy - TV Eye 1977 Live - RCA AFL 1-2796
Rodney Bingenheimer Presents - All Year Party Volume One - Martian 1714
Scott, Jack - s/t - Carlton 107
Scott, Jack - I Remember hank Williams - Top Rank319
Scott-Heron, Gil - Inside The Mind Of - Arista 8301
Smith, O.C. - Help Me Make It Through The Night - Columbia 30664
Ventures, The - Super Psychedelics - Liberty 2052
Ventures, The - Guitar Freakout - Dolton 2050
Ventures, The - Smash - Dolton 2006
Wonder, Stevie - Where I'm Coming From - Motown 5247

2 comments:

Play LOUDER! For Best Results said...

GREAT FUCKING SCORES!!!

Funky16Corners said...

That is a sweet haul my man. Especially the Eddie Holland (a long time want lister)