Sunday, November 11, 2007

A few scores and thanks!


I was going to post this on Sunday but waited until after the Flea Market Funk meets The Devil's Music mix was posted so it didn't get in the way.



Also want to give a public shout once again to DJ Pestige for the most exceelent job he did on the mix. I'm glad some folks dug it. I must have listened to both mixes 30 times already!


Thanks Pres you are truly the man!


So here goes last Sunday's post today!


I got up early today and believe it or not my little man wanted to get up and go to the flea market. Not to look for records but to look for star wars figures. So of course i was all up for it and got a little digging in. It was cold but the coffee was hot. And there was a lot of action out there even with the tables covered in frost. I found some cool records on the cheap but no star wars guy for the little man. I had to explain to him that some days you score & some days you don't but its all in the trying.

Here is a list of some of the scores: I got a nice mix of Rock & Soul stuff with some cool & odd LP's. Some of this stuff I already own but these were pretty nice clean copies.

If anyone has any information on the Ill Bred Mind 45 please let me know! I had to buy a whole box of common stuff to score it and I wasn't going to let another Soul Invaders Inc scenario happen so I bought the whole box just to get this one 45. It is an organ heavy psych number with a cover of "walk on by" on the flip and no information on the record at all, not even song credits. I looked online and seached popsike and couldn't turn up anything on it so if anyone has and info please contact me and let me know as it seems pretty "rare"...

45's:
Ill Bred Mind - How Can You Be Happy Today - P.S.L.
The Beatles - She Loves You - Swan
Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart - P.O. Box 9847 - A&M
Led Zepplin - Immigrant Song - Atlantic
Edward Bear - Best Friends - Capitol
Mountain - Mississippi Queen - Windfall
Alice Cooper - School's Out - WB
Alice Cooper - Hello Hooray - WB
David Essex - Rock On - Columbia
The Turtles - Surfer Dan - White Whale
Free - Alright Now - A&M
Johnnie Strickland - I've Heard That Line Before - Roulette
Edwin Star - War - Gordy
Sly & the Family Stone - I Want to Take You Higher - Epic
100 Proof Aged in Soul - Somebody's Been Sleeping - Hot Wax
Joe Tex - I Gotcha - Dial
Little Sister - Stinga - Stone Flower
Jackie Moore - Precious Precious - Atlantic
Fred Wesley & the J.B's - Damn Right I Am Somebody Pt. 1
Moments And Whatnauts - Girls (Part I) - Stang
Foxy - You Make Me Hot - Dash
The Parliments - (I Wanna) Testify - Revilot
Labelle - Lady Marmalade - Epic
Blue Magic - Welcome to the Club - Atco
The Exciters - Tell Him - UA

Lp's
Cantandole A - ME XI CO - Alta id
Eddie Heywood - S/T - EmArcy (1955)
Kai Winding Feat. Kenny Burrel - Soul Surfing - Verve
Heartsille Benjamin's Virgin Ilsand Steel Band - Philips
Japan - Its Music and Its People - Desto
Charles Wright and The Watts 103rd Street Band - You're so Beautiful - WB (still in shrink)
V.O.S. - Yesterday & Today - Valley of Sound (private press psych/rock)
HI-FI Jazz Session - Sarah sings "Mean to Me" Feat: Sarah Vaughan, Dizzy Gillespie, Red Norvo, Cozy Cole, Charle Ventura - Masterseal
Jake Holmes - So Close, So Very Far To Go - Polydor



and a few new Cha Cha Lp's!





Cheers!

No comments: