Sunday, October 14, 2007

Saturday scores









the rare occasion that i didn't have my kids got me out to "the spot" Saturday and it turned out pretty good. got a nice mono version of the kinks you really got me on the tri color reprise and a few other cool lp's along with some much needed mutha punk rock in the accelerators. the fisrt skullflower 7", aweirdo's 7" as well as NJ legends Big Nurse on heat blast! A label i know a little bit about since my ancient band Godspeed cut a single on that label back in 90 or 91...

I was hoping to run into DJ pres but he was a no show so i hooked up with Jack the Ripper who was out and about so that was pleasant surprise, the weather was beautiful and there were plenty of records. not all "gems" but the digging on a great day with some good company in Jack, the lady friend JJB and my old Pal Mike the record guy who I have been buying records off since the 80's is always a good deal.

The 3 plus hours we were there felt like 1... a good day for sure.

some of the 45 scores:

The Box Tops - Sweet Cream Ladies, Forward March – Mala 12,035
The Zombies - Indication – Parrot 45 PAR 3004
Five By Five - Fire (Hendrix cover) Paula 302
Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You - Rare Earth 5017
Bobby Peterson - Piano Rock - V-Tone 214
Jimmy Witherspoon - No Rollin' Blues – GNP 156
Clarence "Frog Man" Henry - Ain't Got No Home – Argo 5259
Roy Hogsed - Cocaine Blues – Capitol F40274
Wanda Jackson - I'd be Ashamed – Capitol 4635
Roy Accuff - I Like Mountain Music – Decca 9-30141
Bill Jennings & Willis Jackson - Wishbone – King 45-5087
Nappy Brown- Little by Little- Savoy- 45-1506
Jimmy McCracklin - The Walk – Checker 885
Ron Holden - My Babe – Donna 1315
The Storey Sisters - Bad Motorcycle – Cameo126
Jan & Arnie - Gas Money – Arwin MM-111-45
Rickey Dee & the Embers - Work Out - Newtown
The Delfonics - I'm Sorry - Philly Groove 151
Sunny - Every Week, Every Month, Every Year - Tear Drop 3014
Jan Bradley - Mama Didn't Lie – Chess -1845
The Show Stoppers - Ain't Nothin' but a House Party – Showtime STR 101
Bill Deal & the Rhondels - May I – Heritage HE 803
G. Kerr Orch. - Backlash - All Platinum AP 2316
Parliament - Bop Gun – Casablanca NB 900

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you lucky dog! looks like you scored big. i hope you pushed egg beard out of the way to get the goods. i took a saturday off to just hang. i will be back though. you need to call me when you're going so i won't stay home.

nice scores dude.

Play LOUDER! For Best Results said...

Great stuff you did find! If only we could have such flea markets here in France...